Community Case Management
Community Case Management (CCM) is part of MassHealth, It is for Masshealth members under 22 (although services do not discontinue when a child turns 22) who require continuous nursing.
- a comprehensive needs assessment performed by a pediatric nurse case
- An in-person visit with the member
- A member-focus, clinically appropriate service plan
- A single point to access community long term care services: nursing, home
health aide, personal care attendant, physical, occupational and speech
and hearing therapy, durable medical equipment, and oxygen and respiratory
- An expedited service authorization plan
- Case manager participation in hospital and institutional discharge
- Insurance identification and referrals
- Case collaboration with other care providers, as appropriate
For more info about CCM call 800 863-6068. A referral can be made by anyone. The criteria after being a Masshealth member is that the person requires 2 or more hours of consecutive nursing care a day. The nurse case manager goes to the home and completes with the caregiver a very extensive intake/assessment.